NEWARK STREET RESIDENCE
This 1894 house is the second-oldest in Cleveland Park, built at the same time as streetcars began running up Connecticut Avenue. As a significant home in the Cleveland Park Historic District, the project required approvals by the local ANC and DC Historic Preservation Review Board.
The program called for a large but compatible extension to the home to accommodate a growing family of five, including a complete gutting of the interior, down to bare studs and joists. The new work extended and updated the original details of the house, in some places matching existing trims and details exactly, in others creating entirely new designs that complemented existing work.
Hoachlander Davis Photography
Fritz and Gignoux